Before every session, I consult with each of my clients to learn more about them so that we can craft a session that is most representative of them. I take into account your personal interests, hobbies, likes and dislikes and use these details to design our time together in a way that makes you feel comfortable, relaxed and happy. One of the best ways to do this is by helping you choose a location that is not only beautiful, but fitting for the type of session you’re booking and the relationships unfolding in front of me. So! What are my top picks?
While there are endless possibilities for locations, my top five favorite locations include:
- Your Home: In home lifestyle sessions for any occasion are one of my favorites. Your comfort comes naturally in your home and we’re able to capture authentic moments which speak volumes in your images. Utilizing your space also makes the session completely personalized to you. No guessing where you’ll hang that beautiful canvas or create that gallery wall! The color pallette in your images will automatically match your decor since it was photographed in your home!
- Wineries: Vineyards make a great location for couples, engagement, or anniversary sessions. In one place you get a variety of settings by utilizing the rows of vines, beautiful architecture and inside tasting room. With winery sessions, I love popping open a bottle of wine or having my clients do a wine tasting and capturing my couples relaxing and unwinding together. A little outdoor picnic pairs great with these sessions!
- Ice Cream Parlors: In the last year I’ve shot both a milestone and anniversary session at our favorite local ice cream parlor, Mr. G’s. The environment was perfect for these fun sessions. Plus, how can you not have a good time eating ice cream?!
- Carnivals: I shot my first carnival session last year and it was a blast! The games, live music, food and rides provided a variety of playful and intimate moments for you, your significant other and your family. With a couple, we can capture you dancing together under the stars or riding the ferris wheel hand in hand and it’s the perfect place for an afternoon of family fun with the biggest smiles you’ve ever seen.
- Parks: Local parks are great for almost every type of session including maternity, milestone, family, seniors, pets and engagement. The outdoor setting provides beautiful natural light and a variety of backdrops in one spot from babbling brooks to established trees to flowering bushes. Some even have larger bodies of water with a beach to get that sandy shot without having to travel hours to the closest ocean. With wide open spaces to run around, kids have a blast which allows me to capture genuine smiles.
While I love each of these locations for every type of session, when it comes time to pick the perfect place for you, it’s ultimately about choosing an environment where you’re comfortable. When you’re in a comfortable space you love, you tend to relax, smile bigger and have more fun – three things that truly create the best photos!